Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE tunnels showing up/down randomly

Dhanalucky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have attached the  scenario's where i have two GRE Tunnels and Two IPSec tunnesl connected to my corp office from the remote location.

Internet Service Provider is same for both location, Connectivity is through a WiMax Technology. Randomly one of the two GRE tunnels goes down on the remote office end.

1. This issue has started since they changed their WiMax Modem and gave us a private IP to assign on our router WAN interface.

2. Previously we have same service provider, but ISP has provided us a Public IP to assign on our router WAN interface.

3. The Tunnels will be working normally all the time, but frequently one of the two GRE tunnels show up/down.

4. To resolve this we have to ask the ISP to reboot their modem and after that we will reboot our router. After which both the tunnels work normally.

Can someone how to proceed on troubleshooting this issue. What all inputs are required for anyone to analyse the things.

I tried enabling Debug interface tunnel x to check the activity of the tunnel that went down. But i couldn't see anything.

Experts inputs are needed in this case.

Regards,

Lucky

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: