cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721 WICT1 Interface

Aaron Alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I have and old Cisco 1721 router with the 1x built in ethernet port and 1x WICT1 card on slot1. Not sure if this is even possible I am trying to use this router for internal NAT. My thoughts o my intention are to use the T1 card to connect with my comcast home router and use the other ethernet port for my internal LAN.  Is it possible to use the WICT1 card to connect to my home internet router.

interface BRI0 + => Comcast home router.

no ip address

shutdown

!

interface FastEthernet0 => internal LAN

no ip address

shutdown

speed auto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, It will not work.  For T1, from your router you need to connect to the providers switch, but that has to be provisioned by your service provider for full T1, fractional T1, point to point, frame relay, etc...

Also, that router is very old and if some how you connect that to your home router, it will slow down your connection speed significantly.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah, I don't believe you're going to be able to get that to work. BRI interfaces were used for ISDN connections, but you're trying to connect it to ethernet.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, It will not work.  For T1, from your router you need to connect to the providers switch, but that has to be provisioned by your service provider for full T1, fractional T1, point to point, frame relay, etc...

Also, that router is very old and if some how you connect that to your home router, it will slow down your connection speed significantly.

HTH

So, Is it possible to setup NAT on a single interface using a loopback?  I was doing some reasearch and found this.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/learn-to-configure-cisco-ios-nat-on-a-stick/#.

All I am looking is to setup NAT  for a bunch of vlans running on a Cisco 3560 used as a L3 switch

All I am looking is to setup NAT for a bunch of vlans running on a Cisco 3560 used as a L3 switch

The 3560 series switches don't support NAT.

If you have a router with 2 Ethernet interface, you can try setting up NAT with one interface connecting to Comcast and the other one to your 3560 switch.

Not sure how it would work, because usually Comcast router does NAT and routes for one subnet for home use.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card