cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Remote ASA usnig ASDM from HUB via Site to Site VPN...

suhas_syndrome
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I want to access my remote(spoke) ASA (ASDM) in my hub location..do not want to access via public IP from outside.

what configuration should be done on the spoke ASA..

VPN Tunnel               SPOKE

inside            HUB|=======================[ASA] inside 192.168.2.0/24

192.168.1.0/24   ASA|

|=======================[ASA] inside 192.168.3.0/24

VPN Tunnel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Provided that management connections are coming from a source address that is already configured on the L2L VPN and naturally that the destination address (Hub ASA interface IP) is also part of the current L2L VPN then you would essentially only need to add

management-access

Which would allow management connections through the L2L VPN to this internal interface

You would also need the appropriate statement to allow the ASDM management

http inside

I think you needed to use the "inside" at the end. Can't remember. Try "outside" if that doesnt work.

Naturally if you have any kind of VPN Filter ACLs or if you are preventing the default operation of VPN traffic bypassing external interface ACL then you will also have to allow the traffic.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

View solution in original post

Hi,

Did you get it working?

Please do remember to mark a reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Or did you have the chance to test it out yet?

- Jouni

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Provided that management connections are coming from a source address that is already configured on the L2L VPN and naturally that the destination address (Hub ASA interface IP) is also part of the current L2L VPN then you would essentially only need to add

management-access

Which would allow management connections through the L2L VPN to this internal interface

You would also need the appropriate statement to allow the ASDM management

http inside

I think you needed to use the "inside" at the end. Can't remember. Try "outside" if that doesnt work.

Naturally if you have any kind of VPN Filter ACLs or if you are preventing the default operation of VPN traffic bypassing external interface ACL then you will also have to allow the traffic.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Thank you...Jouni

Hi,

Did you get it working?

Please do remember to mark a reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Or did you have the chance to test it out yet?

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

i have tested it on remoteaccess vpn and it is working fine. now only on site to site vpn i need to check.

suhas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card