Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless AP radio interface shutdown/Operation Status Down

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot the cause of the wireless AP 1142 radio shutdown; I was wondering where may be a good place to start on it/possibility of the radio shutting down. Once the radio is shown as down; I would just need to re-enable (disable/enable) it and the status changes to up status. I have attached a screen catpure of the radio interface showning down.

The AP radios shutting down is intermittent; some APs has their "A/N" radio interface shutdown while others has their "G/N" radio interface shutdown. Not too sure what may most likely be causing it to shutdown?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have controller ?? if yes then posts out put of sh sysinfo commad.

Paste the output of sh version command from AP.

Also check: 

1. Choose Wireless > 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n > Network

Select the 802.11a (or 802.11b/g) Network Status check box to enable the 802.11a or 802.11b/g band.

2. Wireless > Access Points > All APs then click on specific AP and make sure admin status is enable.

Reagrds

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One more thing:

if you are using Power INjector then:

Go to Wireless > Access Points > All AP’s > Click on specific AP then go to  Advanced and check the Power Injector state.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at the log on the WLC and see if you see anything prior to the radio going down.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide more info:

If your AP is connected to the WLC, then please provide the following outputs:

1. WLC: sh sysinfo; and
2. AP: sh version

If your AP is connected to a power brick, please attach the picture of the power brick in question.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Wii App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card