Views
Helpful
Replies

Find clients talking EMAPI

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

We are using RPC over SSL for Exchange 2013, we have a lot of syslog messages like this:

2014 Jan 27 10:15:17 WAAS01 java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: Failed to get the encryption/decryption key for EMAPI

So it looks like some clients aren't using the correct GPO settings and using the standard settings anyway (which is encrypted MAPI)

Is there any way to find out which client IP addresses are using EMAPI, I tried to debug the mapi accelerator and checked the errorlog.current file but there are too much information about every MAPI session so I can't find the ones which are using the wrong one.

Of course we have deactivated the Encrypted MAPI in the Accelerator Settings on our Central Manager.

I'm happy for every input I'll get.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Looks the core/edge waas doesn't have proper permission in AD.

Hope below link would be useful in troubleshooting

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29042

Regards,

Bala

Thanks for the input but actually we don't want to accelerate EMAPI so we don't have setup any trust relationship with our AD. We just want to find the clients which are talking EMAPI to the Exchange server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: