Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP search in Jabber causes high CPU Usage in AD-LDAP Server

Christian Neidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

at the moment about 250 users with jabber 9.1.5 are online. (9.6.0 is being prepared for rollout the next time)

We are recognizing a high CPU load on the Microsoft Active Directory Conroller which I set as the directory server (sometimes 100% vor a few minutes)

Its connected over the Global Catalog port for 4 Domains where all users are placed.

Which directory did you use for jabber clients?

Have other companys this problem too, espacially with more clients? (we plan about 1000 users concurrent)

Best regards

Christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please take a look at this section, are the AD attributes suggested indexed?  Are you sure high CPU it is definitely related to Jabber activity?

Attributes on the Directory Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01.html

This may be the reason for high CPU.  Do you need to point to the Global Catalog instead?  Are the attributes replicated on the GC?

Rgs

ashish

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please take a look at this section, are the AD attributes suggested indexed?  Are you sure high CPU it is definitely related to Jabber activity?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01.html

This may be the reason for high CPU.  Do you need to point to the Global Catalog instead?  Are the attributes replicated on the GC?

Rgs

ashish

Response Signature

I too have this problem our server guys are reporting a high cpu usage and say it is caused by jabber trying to look up telephone numbers. I am told that all our domain controllers are set as Global Catalogs. We have a single domin.

I have raised this as a tac case with cisco and the initial reply was to change the port that was used to access LDap. I am told however that that has not worked.

You must index attributes on your directory server so that Cisco Jabber for Windows can resolve contacts.

If you use the default attribute mappings, ensure the following attributes are indexed:

- sAMAccountName
- telephoneNumber
Additionally, ensure you index the following attributes for secondary number queries:

-otherTelephone
-mobile
-homePhone

dthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if you ever found out what your problem was with AD?

We have a customer that is experiencing similar issues as you explained. I was wondering if you every came up with a resolution to this issue with High CPU on AD after implementing Jabber Client.

Thanks

Dthompson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: