Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

What is your Visio replacement on MAC?

Unanswered Question
Jan 28th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi,

If u use MAC for networking stuffs. What is your replacement for MS Visio? Running vmware fusion or some alternative MAC applications?

I mainly use visio to create/update network topology diagrams. I read couple of application introductions online claiming to be visio replacement on MAC, however:

1. None of them say if the native visio stancil will work with them.

2. None of them say about saving diagram to vsd/vsdx files

What do you use and what is your experience with replacement APP on MAC? Will MS ever release visio for mac?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
JORGE RODRIGUEZ Thu, 02/13/2014 - 05:06
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

There is a graph APP  called OmniGrafle for macs,  and like in visio , you need to look for stencils.  I started using this app resently so I am not fully familiar with its full capability in comparison with visio but it can do network diagrams . It is said is capable of importing visio  .vsd   in its newer versions. 

https://www.omnigroup.com/video/omnigraffle

https://www.graffletopia.com/categories/network

Jorge

m1xed0s Thu, 02/13/2014 - 06:14
User Badges:

Thanks, I trailed that APP for about a week...I hated it OR should I say I can not get use to it...Maybe I am stuck too deep in visio...I can not find any useful stencils...

Anyway, I kinda give up the idea of using Mac for work (at least for now). I use visio, onenote and vsphere dialy basis and none of them is available on Mac as of Feb 2014...

Chris Deren Thu, 02/13/2014 - 06:19
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

I use OmniGraffle on occasion, but still prefer MSFT Visio which I run in vmware fusion.

Chris

m1xed0s Thu, 02/13/2014 - 06:21
User Badges:

I was trying to use the similiar setup with fusion but I just can not get over the cumbersome...Hope next Office for Mac will have more content...

Brett Newman Wed, 07/23/2014 - 19:20
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Actually, OmniGraffle does import Visio stencils including Cisco's Visio stencils.  We worked with the OminiGraffle developers several years ago to advise them what was needed. 

Brett Newman
Cisco Visio Development
www.shapesource.com

Actions

This Discussion