Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS version 14.3.1 and Polycom Group series 700

Bushra Kabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I was just trying to find out if TMS version 14.3.1 allows to add Polycom Group Series 700 as an end-point or not.

Here to mention, it does shows an error System Type not supported. Not sure if it is a bug or compatibility issue. I was wondering if any compatibility matrix document is available for it or no.

I greately appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Bushra

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported. However, and as with any other system not directly supported in TMS, you could add it as a 'Room' system in TMS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

If you add the endpoints into TMS as Rooms or now what is being called Unmanaged Endpoints, and you add them to an automatic connect conference, TMS will dial out to them just as it would any managed endpoint.  We do this for some of our external endpoints that we're unable to manage, but have them added into TMS so they'll be dialed by TMS at the start of a conference.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported. However, and as with any other system not directly supported in TMS, you could add it as a 'Room' system in TMS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks for your reply Dale.

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bushra

Hi Dale,

I have a customer with the same problem. My question is:

Would it support Automatic Connection? In other words, will the infrastructure call (dial out) the Polycom Group Series endpoint at the time of the meeting?

Thanks.

If you add the endpoints into TMS as Rooms or now what is being called Unmanaged Endpoints, and you add them to an automatic connect conference, TMS will dial out to them just as it would any managed endpoint.  We do this for some of our external endpoints that we're unable to manage, but have them added into TMS so they'll be dialed by TMS at the start of a conference.

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Are you saying "Meeting Room" type of system?  I'm on 13.1.2 and have the same problem.  Will updating to the most current version of TMS resolve this?

No, you don't add it as a Meeting Room, you need to create a "Room" in TMS rather than adding an endpoint.

System -> Navigator -> Add System -> Add Room / Equipment.

And to answer the 2nd part of your question, no, updating to the latest TMS (14.4) will not add compability for the Group Series either.

I believe the current stance is that Cisco provide a published API for how they talk to endpoints, it is up to Polycom to then code their endpoint software so that TMS can query them properly - so it's Polycom's fault it doesn't work.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for clarifying Wayne!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: