Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downloads cutoff

I've been noticing intermittent problems with downloading. Internet access is fine, but I've confirmed that some clients have problems downloading from the internet. For example a fiel is in the process of downloading then it will just cutoff and cancel the download, sometimes it wont. There is nothing that I can think of that would cause this as there have been no network changes to anything that would cause this. Usually its with larger downloads that it will happen, but I've also seen it with smaller ones (1-2mb etc) as well. Any ideas where to begin?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

downloading from the internet -> You  need to look into multiple things here.

a) Could be the remote servers issue,

b) Your bandwidth usage when the disconnect happens.

c) You notice any issues with you internet service when the disconnect occurs? or any drops/errors on the service provider hand off?

d) Any other devices in the path (PC --> Internet) regestering any errors?

Thx

MS

a) Could be the remote servers issue,

I tried different remote servers and same issue, so it cant be that.

b) Your bandwidth usage when the disconnect happens.

Still determining this.

c) You notice any issues with you internet service when the disconnect occurs? or any drops/errors on the service provider hand off?

Still determing.

d) Any other devices in the path (PC --> Internet) regestering any errors?

Everything else in the path is fine.

Hello

You say nothing has changed,So have you check with you service providor regards any link issues and have you tested

your link speed if applicable to see that you are getting the specifed CIR you are paying for?

http://www.speedtest.net/

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card