802.1X Issue

Unanswered Question
Jan 30th, 2014
User Badges:

Hello,

I have a Cisco 2960 brand new at a location with 802.1x running for port security. Here's the situation I have one particular user who's network cable runs to our VOIP phone then from the phone to the pc. A month or so ago the pc wouldn't pull an IP address but the phone was fine. After t-shooting I came to the conclusion it's the nic on the phone. I swapped out phones and it works just fine. Now a few weeks later the same thing is happening. After further t-shooting I had the user take the pc and swap it from a known good station that has a phone is working properly. The original pc and new phone and new port all worked just fine the pc she put back in her place wouldn't draw and IP but the phone booted up again.

At this point I think it's a port issue on the switch or configuration issue. The problem is the configuration is just like that of other ports that are working just fine. Does anyone have any t-shooting tips they could give me when it comes to 802.1x as this has been newly implemented and I'm not sure what else I can try. I had them change the port on the switch as to where she's plugged into and no difference was made.

Thanks,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion