Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASR901 BRIDGE BETWEEN 2 INTERFACES WITH XCONNECT

gfreitasf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I'm looking for some way to make a transparent bridge between two interfaces of a Cisco router ASR901 , is there any possibility? I ask this because I have a scenario where I would use the ASR901 to the following question :

POP01 (                            )  ASR901  g0 / 6 -------- > ISG_7206

POP02 ( MPLS CLOUD )                   g0 / 7 -------- > ISG_7206

POP03 (                            )

The ASR901 will focus EoMPLS with other points in the network and pass on to ISG routers , ie , VLANs would have to be two ports with XConnect to a remote router , the configuration would be something like this :

interface GigabitEthernet0/6

Core description : MPLS CONC PPPOE02

no ip address

negotiation auto

hold- queue 1024 in

hold- queue 1024 in October

!

service instance 4095 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 4094

rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric

interface GigabitEthernet0/7

Core description : 7206_PPPOE_01

no ip address

negotiation auto

!

service instance 4095 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 4094

rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric

!

end

L2VPN XConnect context TEST

ethernet interworking

member 201.55.127.202 1212 encapsulation mpls group TEST

member GigabitEthernet0 / 7 service -instance TEST 4095 group priority 1

member GigabitEthernet0 / 6 service -instance 4095

redundancy group delay 1 3 TEST

But without an interface that was redundant of other , what I need is the 2 interfaces in " bridge " making a XConnect to a remote router , and these 2 interfaces connected ISGs in 2 to make a balance .

1 Reply 1

jason_maki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I do not believe that the ASR901 will do this without help from an upstream device. If I understand correctly, you want to build a bridge-domain with 3 EFPs: 2 physical ports, and one pseudowire. As of the last IOS revision that I have configured on this platform, the 901 doesn't support the pseudowire on a bridge-domain, only a service instance.

It seems to me that you would need an upstream box involved to support this.

Either:

Build 2 pseudowires to an upstream box that supports this configuration (like an ME 3600x, ME3800x, or 9k).

or

Associate both service instances to a common bridge domain that is extended to an upstream box that is initiating the pseudowire. More platforms would support this, since it does not require supporting the pseudowire on a bridge domain.

...Unless you are looking to build an LACP channel-group on the interfaces connected to the ISGs to load-balance. The 901 supports LACP, and it also supports building an EFP (service instance) on the channel-group interface. This technically makes the 2 physical interfaces one EFP. The part of this that I have not tried is building a pseudowire on an EFP on a channel-group.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: