Ironport C170 Log Download

rockyhabeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Forum,

I am "REALLY" struggling with this.

I am NOT a Unix expert.

But I am comfortable at a command line.

I am trying desperately to download to my Windows 7 computer an LDAP_Debug log file to troubleshoot a LDAP error email message that my Ironport C170 is giving me.

I believe the log is created.

But I cannot figure out how to download it to my computer to view.

I need some step by steps as the documentation I read simply is not helping me.

I would be very grateful for any help with this.

Thank you.

RH        

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to the Gui, look at System, Log Subscriptions, and find the LDAP log...

The "Log Files" column shows you the directory its in, so in FTP you can CD to that dir...

If you CLICK on it, it takes you to the directory where you can click on the file to download it.

If you're using ftp, cd to the directory you specified when you created the log subscription...if you can't find that, go see what folder the gui thinks your files are in...

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Go to the Gui, look at System, Log Subscriptions, and find the LDAP log...

The "Log Files" column shows you the directory its in, so in FTP you can CD to that dir...

If you CLICK on it, it takes you to the directory where you can click on the file to download it.

If you're using ftp, cd to the directory you specified when you created the log subscription...if you can't find that, go see what folder the gui thinks your files are in...

Capture.PNG

Ken

Thank you SO MUCH.

I feel like such a fool.

I did not even click that column thinking it was just a display.

Sometimes you get so involved, you cripple yourself.

Thank you again.

RH

If only my C170 displayed the Log File column. Is it possible to add it?

Thanks!

I discovered that the Log File column does not appear when the C170 is in a Cluster. (Mine is.)

You have to turn on FTP under System Admin / Network. Then FTP to your C170 using the directory name created in the Log Subscription. Works great! Man, these logs are intense.

I had to revisit the Logs due to a bug in the report tool (ver 9.1.1-023) that did not output the information needed. This is much easier than I remembered!

The steps to obtain log files:

1. FTP://your ironport ip address
  2. Click on the Log file type you want to download
  3. Right Click / Save Link As...
  4. Keep default or rename
  5. Open a Spreadsheet app
  6. Open the downloaded file and adjust columns as needed. Fixed width usually works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: