cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Version 3.5 of the Cisco Technical Support Mobile App

David Dube
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Last week, we released new versions of our iOS and Android clients. If you haven't had a chance to upgrade yet, we recomend upgrading as soon as possible. New features include:

iOS:

Available from iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-technical-support/id398104252?mt=8

• Overview of contracts associated with your CCOID
    • Infrastructure enhancements to support new features coming at the end of this month.
    • UI Enhancements within Bug Search Tool and TAC Support Docs
    • Continued iPad migration towards a Split View Controller. Once we fully make the switch, the app should be much smaller in size.

Android:

Available from Google Play at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.swtg_android

• Overview of contracts associated with your CCOID
    • Infrastructure enhancements to support new features coming at the end of this month.
    • Allow users to leverage already installed PDF viewers instead of loading the document within the browser
    • UI Enhancements within Bug Search Tool and TAC Support Docs

Regards,

Dave Dubé

Sr. Product Mgr

Cisco Services

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

I am not sure if this is the right thread.

I am would like to know if it is possible to login to the Support Cases section using a different CCO login? I have two CCO logins: One for CSC and one for work. Unfortunately, if I use my CSC login I wouldn't be able to browse any outstanding Support Cases I have for work.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Leo,

Yes, you can log into the app using a different username/password combo. When you log in, we do a quick check to see what you are entitled to access. The ability to look up cases, contracts, etc is governed by contracts associated with your CCOID (username).

On the downside, to post within communities, you would have to switch back to your other id assuming you want to keep adding to your leaderboard points and what not.

FWIW, we recently added a couple features that you'll see when you log into your work account. Within the Cases & Contracts portion of the app (I'm referring to the latest version - v3.5.1), we now provide a high level list of all the contracts associated with your ccoid, sorted by expiration date - soonest to latest expiration. In addition, you can now lookup the contract details associated with a given device based on it's serial number (you can also use a newly added barcode scanner).

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you're having trouble with any of your accounts.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I was hoping that there would be an option to use different login credentials without logging out. 

I now see what you're looking for... I'm a little slow w/o caffiene this morning.

The app does not support that capability.

I'm not sure if this is an option in your mind... you could ask the communities team to merge your accounts into one. If you think this is a viable option worth exploring, send me a note offline (djdube at cisco dot com), and we can investigate together.

Regards,

Dave

I now see what you're looking for... I'm a little slow w/o caffiene this morning.

What about me????  It's 10:30pm already and I can't keep my eyes open. 

I'm not sure if this is an option in your mind... you could ask the communities team to merge your accounts into one. If you think this is a viable option worth exploring, send me a note offline (djdube at cisco dot com), and we can investigate together.

It's an option.  I'll ask Dan. 

Thanks Dave.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9
Hi Dave, Finally, after days of checking in the CSC, the site is up. Is the CSC app for iPhone in beta stage? The navigation isn't smooth and not fluid (a bit slow). Haven't checked and updated my iPad though.