Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Configuration

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have an pilot in CUCM with two extensions, my client need when this two extensions do not answer the call transfer to the pilot voice mail, is that possible?

Other thing he want to record two messages one for work hours and other voice mail message for the outside work hour

How can i do this?

Regards

Leonardo Santana           

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
8 Replies 8

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Leonardo,

On CUCM: Under the Hunt Pilot there is an option for Forward Hunt No Answer just put the VoiceMail Pilot number there and that way the call will be forwarded to voicemail, if no one picks up the call.

On CUC: Under the User or Call Handler> Edit> Greetings> Standard (Open hours) and Closed (Closed hours), scroll to the bottom and you should then see the Play& Record Button.

Regards

D✡viD

Thanks David,

There is a way to record the audio file and input on CUC like UCCX, or is this record option inside the call handler ins the only option?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Leonardo,

When you click on the Play&Record button it brings up the Media Master Tool Bar from there you can upload a pre-existing .wav audio file (this i understand by 'input') or you can use the phone to record the Greeting.

Whats your sugestion? Whats is the better option do this on Call Handler or in the user?

I need this voicemail to be share on the extesions of the pilot.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Leonardo,

Call Handlers have the advantage that do not use up licenses therefore you can create as many as you like.

Based on your description i understand you would like the people part of the Hunt Pilot to receive the voicemail, my suggestion would be to add the intended users to a System Distribution list and then assign it as the message recipient in the Call handler. This call handler would need to have the extension of the hunt pilot.

The first red box is the path, so i selected my call handler in this case named mosi mosi mosi> Edit> Message Settings.

On the second box under Message Recipient i selected my test123 distribution list.

mosimosimosi.png

Regards,

DRP

Thanks David,

Other thing i need to create an spefic voice mail box for this distribution list?

Or the message will be delivered at the extensions of the pilot members?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Leo,

In this particular example no, the idea is that the members of the Hunt Group should receive the voice mail if none of them pick up the phone; due to the configuration design what we can do is asign the amount of users that you wish to include to the SDL (System Distribution List) so that they can all receive an exact copy of the message basically those "are users who need the same information on a regular basis". This is a more decentralized solution as everyone gets a copy of the message.

For further clarification the pilot members are just that within the CUCM side, CUC does not know about this therefore when we add the users to the SDL (System Distribution List) i would presume you want to add those who are part of the pilot members and you can add any additional members without being necessarily part of the pilot, let's say for example a main frontline receptionist.

Here is a link if you wish to have a more in-depht understanding about SDL (System Distribution List):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag230.pdf

Any further doubts just let me know.

Thanks David.

If change the grretings for th schedule affect the voice mail of the user because they use the same greetings correct?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: