Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Jabber video sign-in settings getting erased after pressing the "sign-in" button.

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2014
User Badges:

I have a problem with my Jabber Video sign-in settings. After i input the internal and external settings and the domain and hit sign in, It does not sign me in and on checking the sign-in settings, the server settings and the domain are blank. Kindly assist.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jason Hirdler Wed, 02/05/2014 - 08:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Amanda,

What service are you using?  If this is the @jabber.com service, if so, then the domain is not needed.  The external server is also blank.  The only entry with a value is the internal server, and that value is:

https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

If you are using some other service, you may want to reach out to your support personnel to get the correct settings.

Regards,

Jason

amanda.guto Wed, 02/05/2014 - 19:59
User Badges:

HI, i am using the Cisco Jabber Video(formely movi client) version 4.7.4.17771 the internal and external server settings i got from my support team. it is the IP of our VCS . anytime i would input the settings and sign in, it takes forever to connect then brings an error "unable to connect to the server" . on going back to check the settings, they are blank.

Jason Hirdler Thu, 02/06/2014 - 08:06
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Amanda,

I would recommend uninstalling or removing the app from your system and reinstalling it.  If that does not work, your IT computer admin will need to troubleshoot your PC to figure out why the settings are not saving.  It sounds like a permission issue at this point.

Regards,

Jason

amanda.guto Tue, 02/11/2014 - 22:25
User Badges:

Jason,

I have local admin access on the machine. Please tell us what registry key to check for access? As well we cannot find the configuration file.

Jason Hirdler Wed, 02/12/2014 - 07:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Amanda,

I still do not know what service this pertains to, your own infrastructure or the @jabber.com service?  This forum does not provide support for the client to connect to your own infrastructure.

However, the release notes will provide everything you need from registry to configuration file.  If there is no success, you will need to reach out to TP TAC.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/Jabber_Video/4_7/JAB_BK_C94665B3_00_cisco-jabber-video-for-telepresence.html

Regards,

Jason

I have exactly the same issue - it is not related to server. 

After installation, the server settings are pre populated as:

Internal server:

tmvcsc.ucsf.edu

External server:

tmvcsc.ucsf.edu

Sip domain:

ucsf.edu

Even if I override them with the settings suggested in this post and others, the software still tries to connect

tmvcsc.ucsf.edu, NOT the setting I entered (https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration)

If I try to re-enter the server settings, I find that they have reverted back to:

tmvcsc.ucsf.edu

Jason Hirdler Wed, 02/19/2014 - 09:42
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi David,

Not sure if you have full admin rights on your computer, but there appears to be a configuration file overwritting your manual settings.

You can try uninstalling the software and then deleting the Jabber Video folders from the c: drive Program Files and Program Data folders.  If this does not work, I recommend you let your company admin know what is happening so they can fix this.

Regards,

Jason

Jason Hirdler Wed, 02/19/2014 - 13:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi David,

If you install 4.6 and it works fine, I assume you are downloading from www.ciscojabbervideo.com.  If registration works here, then please try installing 4.7 without removing any files.  The information should repopulate.  If it does not, then you installed a previous version prior to 4.6 like 4.2 or earlier when it was called CIsco Movi that could be overwriting your config file still.

The domain information above is not our service, and is coming from a previous install you may not be aware of or forgot about.

Here is a link to all the release notes for Cisco Jabber and Movi:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/jabber-video-telepresence-movi/products-release-notes-list.html

They will all provide the path of where the software is installed.  This should help with removing any old files that are causing this conflict.

Regards,

Jason

Actions

This Discussion