- Bronze, 100 points or more
I've been testing 3rd party SIP clients on mobile devices and Mac systems. I've found that I can only get the device to register properly with this setup:
- Create a user with userID equal to the device DN and a digest password
- Set that user to control the 3rd party SIP device
- Set Digest User in 3rd party SIP device to equal the new user matching the DN
This setup allows me to register by configuring the DN as the username in the SIP client, the DN as the digest user in the SIP client, and the digest password as defined in the new DN user.
The documentation says I should be able to use an existing user with digest credentials. i.e.:
- Set an existing user's digest credentials and configure it to control the 3rd party SIP device
- Set the digest user in the 3rd party SIP device to the existing user
- Set up 3rd party SIP client with DN as username, username as digest user, and digest password
When I set it up like this I get a 404 not found from CUCM. "The device/user was not found in the database". Has anyone gotten this to work? It seems like it should be simple. I'm set up with a SIP phone security profile that supports digest auth, and as I noted, it works when there's a user whose username matches the DN.