Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

User Account Question

Answered Question
Feb 7th, 2014
User Badges:

I have an ASA 5520, and we are undergoing an audit.  Is there a way to view a list of users/accounts?  I am tasked with reporting all users who's credentials will login to the ASA.  All such users are in Active Directory, but I was advised that the "anyconnect group" is a catch-all group that will not be accurrate. 

Correct Answer by Poonam Garg about 3 years 6 months ago

Hi Burgessf,

To view all user accounts locally created on ASA , go to ASDM--->Device Management--->Configuration-->Users/AAA-----> User Accounts.

Also if Active Directory is integrated for user authentication, then see which OU is specified under base DN attributes. ASA can query only that OU for user authentication.

Device Management-->Configuration----->AAA server Group--->Servers in the selected Group--->Select AD server------>Edit----> Base DN----->OU= what ever OU specified there.

All users specified in that OU can login to the device but they may have different level of authorization.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Poonam Garg Sat, 02/08/2014 - 23:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Burgessf,

To view all user accounts locally created on ASA , go to ASDM--->Device Management--->Configuration-->Users/AAA-----> User Accounts.

Also if Active Directory is integrated for user authentication, then see which OU is specified under base DN attributes. ASA can query only that OU for user authentication.

Device Management-->Configuration----->AAA server Group--->Servers in the selected Group--->Select AD server------>Edit----> Base DN----->OU= what ever OU specified there.

All users specified in that OU can login to the device but they may have different level of authorization.

burgessf Tue, 02/11/2014 - 06:53
User Badges:

Poonam,

Thank you, your advice helped me greatly.

Actions

This Discussion