Helpful
Replies

Users Account on Cisco ISE

enny4real
Level 1
Level 1

Happy new week!

Hope your day is going on fine.

Is it possible to limit a internal (not guest) user credential for just a single active device session?

I know this is possible for guest account on ISE 1.2, but not sure for internal user.

If it is possible, then how do we get it done?

Thank you as I await your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Olusegun Dada

+2348084407185

5 Replies 5

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

This is not possible with ISE but you can impliment it with WLC.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

I agree with Ravi , you can limit only guests however limiting internal users to certain number of concurrent sessions is in road map.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done on WLC

if you are using device registration page then you can try Limiting the Number of Personal Devices Registered by Employees

Choose Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings > My Devices > Portal Configuration.

Enter the maximum number of devices that an employee can register in the Device Management field. By default, this value is set to 5 devices.

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

I found that in the anchor controller you can limit the number of concurrent login per user. It's under the security and user login policy.

Tan Do Nhat
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem too.

The customer requests that when a user has already had an existing session, he should not be able to authenticate with another session (no matter whether through another port, another switch, or another method ie. wired or wireless)

Anybody has any idea regarding this?