Different Webpage Redirection for Different SSID's-Cisco 5508

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi All,

I am using Cisco 5508 and having 3 different SSID's say Guest , Students and Staff .  i am using 3 different webpages to login related to Guest , students and Staff Networks.

Whenever any of the client is Authenticated , they are being redirected to internal server url say   http://xyz.com [example] . as in controller this url is pasted in redirection page.

What i need is different redirection pages for each ssid.

like Clients who are being authenticated with Guest should be redirected to www.hotmail.com

Clients who are being authenticated with Students should be redirected to www.google.com

and so on....

So any helpful comments on that??

Cheers

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Sandeep Choudhary Mon, 02/10/2014 - 23:53
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

HI Waqas,

You can do that from:

***  This is for a global policy. I mean for all the WLANs of the WLC.

Security-> WebAuth -> Web login page. then configure the "Redirect URL after login".

What i need is different redirection pages for each ssid.

like Clients who are being authenticated with Guest should be redirected to www.hotmail.com

Clients who are being authenticated with Students should be redirected to www.google.com

1. You can do that from under WLAN cofnig -> Security -> Layer 3. for external servers only. not for the internal page.

It can only be used for external servers but cannot be used for the internal server authentication.

tets.jpg

2.  you can do a per WLAN redirect, but you have to do custome pages for each WLAN.  You can specify the redirect URL in the HTML configuration.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Waqas Khan Tue, 02/11/2014 - 00:06
User Badges:

Hi Sandeep,

if i change the webauth type from [downloaded/customized] to external redirect , it will override my current customized page?

For each SSID i have specific page for authentication but i want them to be redirected to different urls after authentication.

So need your help on that.

Sandeep Choudhary Tue, 02/11/2014 - 00:21
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Yes,

You can only do it by changing your custom webauth pahe html file.......there is no otherway...

Here is the xample:

For each ssid you have a diff custom webauth file right..?

then modified like this:

Use google.com for students and use hotmail com for guests.

if(urlStr.length > 0){

redirectUrl += urlStr;

if(redirectUrl.length > 255)

redirectUrl = redirectUrl.substring(0,255);

document.forms[0].redirect_url.value = redirectUrl;

Changed the urlStr variable to my redirect URL (i.e., redirectUrl += "http://www.google.com

"

But why do you need to redirect ...is there any specific requirement......?

The main important is to have the login page diff for each ssid that you can do under each wlan.

After the user want to open google or hotmail....or..whatever....who cares.

Important is authentication.

Regards

Waqas Khan Tue, 02/11/2014 - 00:32
User Badges:

Hi Sadeep,

Thanks i will try to modify my html file.

for google or hotmail i gave just as an example.

thing is university is having students , staff and guest WLAN and once students are authenticated they should be redirected to student portal and same goes with staff and guest networks.

I will update you once html file is updated and tested.

Again thanks for your support.

Cheers

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content