cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic SR for Smartcare contracts

Shailesh Desai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does devices registed for SCH on Smartcare contract have the capabilities for opening automatic SR?

4 Replies 4

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SR is raised based on the device type and the nature of the alert, not the contract type.

Under the SCH technical resources there is a document 'Smart Call Home Monitoring Details' that will help you identify if an SR is opened. The documnt provides specific details for each diagnostic, environmental, and syslog alarm by device.  It should also show if an SR would be opened. The link to the document is:

http://www.cisco.com/assets/services/smart-call-home/monitoring-details-for-smartnet-service/

Tim

Very true Tim but i have been briefed that devices with PSS contracts are not allowed for opening automatic SR's may whatever the alert severity is. Is this true for devices with smartcare contract?

I will have to defer the answer to that question.

My understanding was that for PSS the partners switched the SR open functionality off as required.

Tim

SCH maintains a list of contract types that it considers to be collaborative.  That list includes PSS and smartcare contract types. 

When a device registers under a collaborative contract, SR creation is automatically switched off.  Instead, SCH sends an email (PSR) to the partner's designated email contact.  That way, we give the partner a chance to resolve the issue and decide when to raise an SR with TAC.