cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Disiphering QOS on our legacy Distribution switches

smavashev
Level 1
Level 1

Please someone help me deschiper the QOS on our legacy distribution switches, these are the switch connecting to our closets, each port is a fiber trunk back to the distribution. I'm assuming this is the egress queue, I have some understanding of what is happening but not all. The things I understnad I marked, I need help with the rest....                  

interface FastEthernet 3/5

description HICKPOPPROBE3

switchport

switchport access vlan 138

switchport trunk encapsulation 138

switchport trunk allowed vlan non

switchport mode trunk

no ip address

shutdown

speed 100

duplex full

wrr-queue queue-limit 2 100  -- ???

wrr-queue threshold 1 1 1  -- ???

wrr-queue threshold 2 1 1  --- ??

wrr-queue cos-map 2 1 4 5 6  - here I believe that the second queue has the DSCP values assigned to it, but I'm not positive

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 7  - here as well ??

mls qost trust cos

I basically need the full qos picture explained asside from the trunk and speed and duplex configuration. I'm having troubble understanding the thresholds and queue limits.  Also on the following configuration as well:

interface GigabitEthernet 6/7

descripion WLAN controller

switchport

switchport access vlan 128

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 128

switchport trunk allowed vlan 128, 324, 332

switchport mode trunk

no ip address

wrr-queue random-detect  min-threshhold 1 1 1  --- ???                   is this minimum random drop and minimum complete drop for queue 1 ????

wrr-queue random-detect  min-threshhold 2 1 1  ---- ????              is this minimum random drop and minimum complete drop for queue 2 ????

wrr-queue randont-detect  max-threshold  1 80 100   --- here i understand on first queue it will start random drop at 80% and drop all at 100%

wrr-queue randont-detect max-threshold 2 80 100   --- same for queue 2

mls qos trust cos

flowcontrol send on

channel-group 8 mode on

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What model switches?

If 6500, what model line cards.

I believe 6509

6500 QoS varies per line card architecture.  Without knowing the line cards, difficult to decipher QoS statements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card