cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding endpoints behind a firewall/NAT in TMS

Scott Hallen
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to add external EX90 endpoints to our TMS (v.14.3.1). The TMS is not reachable on the public internet but our VCSe is. Can anyone walk me through the steps to configure this? I was following the instructions on p. 72 of the TMS Admin Guide and I am not quite sure if I have this right. Also, is there any way to add units that are already off our network and in people's homes? 

Do we have to have a separate Device Provisioning Option Key for the VCSe?           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you trying to add it to TMS directly, or are you trying to provision it to TMS Provisioning Extension via the VCS?

If directly to TMS, than your TMS will need to be publicly accessible.  Note the TMS admin guide pages you mentioned in your first post.

If to TMSPE via the VCS, than the EX90 will get it's configuration from the VCS Expressway on the public network via the VCS Control traversal zone within your internal network.  Take a look at the TMSPE deployment guide for more information on how to do this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the first sentence in that screen grab you added says that TMS needs to be reachable from the public internet on the DNS entry you provide.  Without that, none of the external endpoints would be able to talk to TMS.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you trying to add it to TMS directly, or are you trying to provision it to TMS Provisioning Extension via the VCS?

If directly to TMS, than your TMS will need to be publicly accessible.  Note the TMS admin guide pages you mentioned in your first post.

If to TMSPE via the VCS, than the EX90 will get it's configuration from the VCS Expressway on the public network via the VCS Control traversal zone within your internal network.  Take a look at the TMSPE deployment guide for more information on how to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: