Helpful
Replies

Fatal crash every 24h on SG300

adamlacko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

on an SG300-28 I'm gettng a fatal crash and reset every 24h:

User Name:11-Oct-2013 17:16:30 %CDB-F-CASHINSFAIL: CDBFC_setToRequestedCdb 1: could not insert in cash

***** FATAL ERROR *****
Reporting Task: SNMP.
Software Version: 1.3.5.58 (date  10-Oct-2013 time  17:15:41)

***** DEBUG *****
DEBUG LOG IS EMPTY
0x16adbc
0x166f28
0x6df2b0
0x48fad8
0x4903e8
0x490608
0x4743c0
0x46d844
0x44a87c
0x42046c
0x44d960
0x45bfc0
0x4418e0
0x61cb68
0x1223f0

*****************  SYSTEM RESET  *****************
Boot1 Checksum Test...............................PASS

Boot2 Checksum Test...............................PASS

Flash Image Validation Test.......................PASS

BOOT Software Version 1.3.5.06 Built  21-Jul-2013  15:12:10

The log is from the serial console and the switch is otherwise idle (however, one port is connected to the LAN).

As the log mentions SNMP, is that situation related to that functionality? Regarding SNMP everything is at the default settings.

Thanks,

Adam

19 Replies 19

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Adam,

Have you tried a factory reset?

- Marty

Hi,

done a "reset with factory defaults" now and not touching it anymore, waiting for 24+hrs.

Adam

Hi,

great! Installed, and waiting

Adam

Hello Adam,

If you still see the crash on the switch, please contact Cisco Support and open a service request. We would like to investigate it further.

Nagaraja

Hi Nagaraja and Marty,

looks good so far. Will start putting some more config on it after the factory reset. If it resets again I'll notify you.

Thanks a lot,

Adam

I have 2 of these that crash pretty regularly. The always seem to crash twice, then stay up for about a day.

Can you get me started on a return? Is there a web page? Phone number? 

Thanks

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc (Chat or phone support)

- Marty

Hi,

it happens again. The days following the firmware upgrade it did not reset, then I stopped looking too closely, however, I see the crashes again (the date is not correct):

User Name:13-Jan-2014 15:05:10 %CDB-F-CASHINSFAIL: CDBFC_setToRequestedCdb 1: could not insert in cash

***** FATAL ERROR *****
Reporting Task: SNMP.
Software Version: 1.3.7.18 (date  12-Jan-2014 time  18:02:59)

***** DEBUG *****
DEBUG LOG IS EMPTY
0x16adc8

Could you please assist me where to open the service request? (I do not have a support contract.)

Thanks,

Adam

I have this problem too. I upgraded the boot code and firmware but it is still happening. Did you ever find a solution? 

with 1.3.0.62 it was every 8 hours

now on 1.4.0.88 it's around every 7 hours 

Hi,

no, I do not have a solution. Still happens with 1.4.0.88. I think I'll have to return the switch under warranty.

If any Cisco engineers could at least say whether this is a software or hardware problem, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

if this is exactly the same error this points out SNMP. Please open ticket with Cisco Small Business Support team so we can investigate this further:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

Hi,

the URL offers me 'Live Support' and Forum support, and the URL you gave brings me to here, the forum we're already in. What is my misunderstanding?

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

The main communication channel is phone. Are you located in the country with toll free number?

Regards,

Aleksandra