Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls based on RFC 3261 SIP “From” header display name

Andrew Grech
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I'd like to be able to route \ translate incoming calls based on the following field in the sip message.

So calls from the label bob are translated to a specified number in cucm.

So why do I want to do this?

Currently I'm using Skype connect and it allows for multiple Skype business accounts to be attached. However when a call comes into CUBE it currently routes based on the Skype number which is the same for each business account.

My end game would be to have the one sip connect profile and the following two Skype accounts attached

Example

Bookings – routes to one queue

Flights – routes to another queue

I hoping not to have to go down the normalized script path. However if someone thinks it is the answer and some good examples please feel free to help out.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andrew,

You route calls based on the request URI not the To or From headers. Cisco devices (CUCM, Gateway) only route calls based on the RURI...Thats is the INVITE SIP:XXXXX@abc.com...This similar to how you route calls based on the called number not the calling number

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks aokanlawon,

I'll check the RURI and see if its any different between SKYPE user names. At the moment I'm translating the incomming number from skype to one of my own indial numbers.

Called Skypename>Skype connect>SIP>Cube>SIP>UCM>Translate incomming called number called>CCX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: