Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Content Server Login error

marahman78
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TelePresence Content Server v5.3 Build 3316

When i try to login into Cisco TelePresence Content Server, it's not verfying the administrator username and password. Later i have to enter below link and enter the administrator username and password and it's letting me in.

http://10.7.1.38/tcs/#page:login&rescue:true

Regards,

Mohammad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohammad,

The link you are trying is rescue mode of TCS. The reason its not verifying admin uname & pwd is you might have changed authentication settings in site settings page. If authentication earlier was local and you changed it to Domain or LDAP then TCS will try to authenticate using that mechanism and will not take local admin credentails.

To avoid this after logging in through the rescue link, create a user with admin rights

Configuration > Groups & Users > Add Group & Users > Add user with site manager rights

Log out and then try looging in with user you created. It will work fine.

This also happens when earlier you were using domain authentication and you changed to LDAP authentication or vice-versa. So user creation with site manager rights is important before changing the authentication mechanism.

Hope this information helps.

Please rate if you find this useful.

Regards,

Gaurav

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Mohammad,

The link you are trying is rescue mode of TCS. The reason its not verifying admin uname & pwd is you might have changed authentication settings in site settings page. If authentication earlier was local and you changed it to Domain or LDAP then TCS will try to authenticate using that mechanism and will not take local admin credentails.

To avoid this after logging in through the rescue link, create a user with admin rights

Configuration > Groups & Users > Add Group & Users > Add user with site manager rights

Log out and then try looging in with user you created. It will work fine.

This also happens when earlier you were using domain authentication and you changed to LDAP authentication or vice-versa. So user creation with site manager rights is important before changing the authentication mechanism.

Hope this information helps.

Please rate if you find this useful.

Regards,

Gaurav

Hello,

I have the same issue after i change the administrator password of local machine then i access TCS by http the home page overview give server mode offline as the attached file not ready and there is alarm flag not green flag although i havn't any active directory. so what can i do?