cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport M670 no operating system installed

Hiram Morlan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I received an Ironport M670 from RMA but it doesn't have anything installed. It just boot.

I want to know where to find an iso file so i can install manually the Ironport application.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the RMA appliance does not have anything installed, and you are not getting the standard boot to AsyncOS, you will need to follow-up with the case that was opened for the RMA, or you will need open a new support case: 

https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case

You can follow the quick-start guide:

Cisco IronPort M670 Quickstart Guide

Upon boot - you should just be following the standard turn up process.  Once the appliance is online, assign a temporary IP address, and migrate the old configuration as needed, if applicable.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the RMA appliance does not have anything installed, and you are not getting the standard boot to AsyncOS, you will need to follow-up with the case that was opened for the RMA, or you will need open a new support case: 

https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case

You can follow the quick-start guide:

Cisco IronPort M670 Quickstart Guide

Upon boot - you should just be following the standard turn up process.  Once the appliance is online, assign a temporary IP address, and migrate the old configuration as needed, if applicable.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card