cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign a static IP to a quickVPN client

lciavarella
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to assign a static IP to a quickVPN client? Would I do this by entering in the MAC of the quickVPN client into the DCHP mapping table on the RV220W router? Or would I need to use a VPN policy to assign an IP address to an incoming quickVPN client connection? I am trying to share a USB printer attached to the quickVPN client so that others connected on the LAN at the remote end can print to it.

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Louis,

I answered your question in your other post. For future viewers of this thread, the router does not assign an IP address to QuickVPN clients. The tunnel is one way, devices behind the router have no access to the QuickVPN PC or anything on it's network. The QuickVPN PC has full access to the network behind the router.

- Marty

Thank you for your response. I posted a second question because I couldn't find my first one. I didn't realize there was a delay between my posting a question and it appearing in the community discussions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: