Different Ringtones for each line / and for a 7915/16

Answered Question
Feb 20th, 2014
User Badges:

Simple question...  I cant try because I dont have the devices..

If we have a Cisco phone with 6 or 8 button line,  is it possible to have a different ringtone for each line when there is an incoming call

And What about a 7915 or 7916, is it possible to have a different ringtone for each line when there is an incoming call

thanks

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 3 years 5 months ago

Well, yes but you're limited to eight different ringtones so you wouldn't have enough unique values to cover a sidecar. The distinctive ringing per-line doesn't seem to use the full ringlist file but only the basic chirp1-8 files.

Editorial comment: I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
yahsiel2004 Thu, 02/20/2014 - 07:29
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Yes you can.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 02/20/2014 - 20:52
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Well, yes but you're limited to eight different ringtones so you wouldn't have enough unique values to cover a sidecar. The distinctive ringing per-line doesn't seem to use the full ringlist file but only the basic chirp1-8 files.

Editorial comment: I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

yahsiel2004 Fri, 02/21/2014 - 05:17
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Jonathan (+5) lol at the "Editorial Comment"

Regards,

Yosh

PC PC Mon, 02/24/2014 - 11:18
User Badges:

Johathan,  thanks for the help..

regarding your comment

"  I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver "

It's a teachers room with many teachers, each teacher will have a different ring.. so this scenario is good for us

Actions

This Discussion