Views
Helpful
Replies

Studying for Cisco Cert but no Degree.

ruivo.rui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Could some experienced people speak their mind about the idea of studying for a CCNA and CCNP without having a degree?

Are there many people working in this situation?

I consider myself a decent to good IT technician but will it help or is it exclusively for engineers out of university?

Best regards

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could some experienced people speak their mind about the idea of studying for a CCNA and CCNP without having a degree?

Depends on the country you are in and who you are working for.

I am here in Australia and a lot of networking companies make it a point to hire only people with certifications.  Whether or not your certification(s) is/are up-to-date/expired is not important.  Whether or not your certification(s) is genuine or not is not important.  Whether or not you REALLY KNOW the difference between ethernet and a bag of corn chips is not important. 

I knew squat about IT when I started out. I got a book on networking out of a charity shop and started reading.  I think when I started in the netacademy the only prerequisite was a reading age of 13 - I had a reading age of 32 at the time (:

Hi,

We have unpublished the content. 

If you have any more questions on this topic, suggest you check out the Cisco Learning Network Community, they will be able to help answer anything specific about any of the exams or certifications.

Thanks,

Naga