cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anybody know a reseller that would download/sell a firmeware for 2504 wireless controller or what service to buy to be able to get it?

123aqaour
Level 1
Level 1

anybody know a reseller that would download/sell a firmeware for 2504 wireless controller or what service to buy to be able to get it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Be aware that you do not need to purchase SmartNET for your APs.  You purchase SmartNET for your WLC only.

Make sure you tell the vendor you want to DOWNLOAD firmwares for your WLC (your WLC will take care of the firmware of the APs).   So this will mean that your vendor is responsible to link your CCO login to a valid Service Contract.  The Service Contract is "tied" to the serial numbers of your WLC and associated Cisco APs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
anybody know a reseller that would download/sell a firmeware for 2504 wireless controller

None.

You need to talk to your vendor who sold you the WLC.  They should be jumping-for-joy to sell you the SmartNET.

can I buy this SmartNET Service from any store or it have to be only the vendor that sold me this WLC? and if any than what SmartNET Service is the best to buy or any will work?

can I buy this SmartNET Service from any store or it have to be only the vendor that sold me this WLC?

You can buy SmartNET from any AUTHORIZED Cisco reseller.

Be aware that you do not need to purchase SmartNET for your APs.  You purchase SmartNET for your WLC only.

Make sure you tell the vendor you want to DOWNLOAD firmwares for your WLC (your WLC will take care of the firmware of the APs).   So this will mean that your vendor is responsible to link your CCO login to a valid Service Contract.  The Service Contract is "tied" to the serial numbers of your WLC and associated Cisco APs.

Be aware that you do not need to purchase SmartNET for your APs.

Thanks for the ratings, Marek.

Be aware that nearly all 802.11n APs (some exclusion to AP1250) are covered under the new Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty.  Read through the link provided.  This is why I posted that you do not need maintenance contract for the APs.  The main thing to understand is that if you need to RMA your AP, it'll take 10-business days for the replacement part to be sent.

I have spoken to some Cisco Authorized Reseller and some Cisco TAC engineers who insist that the Cisco LLW don't exist or doesn't apply to BLAH model.  Don't be fooled.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card