Need advice on setting up a network

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2014
User Badges:

Hello... hoping for some advice/suggestion and direction.

I am a bit green and get confused when it comes to setting up a "secure' network so I am not exactly sure how to go about getting what I want, with security in mind, or if I can even achieve it the way I have in mind.

Here is what I want to achieve:

A static IP coming into my office to feed 3 separate networks.

I do computer repair and I basically want to have a completely separate network for customer computers and I currently have a wifi spot at the coffee shop next door. On my private network I will have a server and multiple computers, etc., as well as remotely accessible security cameras.

So, how to achieve this?  My thoughts were to have the internet connection come into a managed switch which will feed 3 separate routers.

NetSetUp.jpg

I do Not have a static IP at the moment and I do Not have my server set up yet. I just have internet coming into Router 1, which feeds a switch and Router 2, and Router 3

What I don't know anything about is the managed switch. I do not know if I can configure it for a static IP or if I even have to configure it for a static IP?

I have a static IP at my residence so I know how to configure a router to work there, but the switch here is throwing me for a loop.

Thanks

(Sorry if this post goes up twice... the first one seems to have just disappeared on me so I modified it and reposted.)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion