Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Solution Required remote FXO and E1 connectivity

Unanswered Question
Feb 26th, 2014
User Badges:

Dear All,

I am required to propose a solution to connect two points A and B, the details of which are as follows:

at site A, there are 5 FXO lines and one E1 line, FXOs are meant for IP telephony, E1 is meant for data connectivity, I have to establish a connection of these lines at Point A to Point B about 1 Kilometer apart, this diatance of 1KM is connected through fiber, At Site B they have a 3945 voice bundle and a CUCM connected through a switch.

I am planning to use a voice bundle gateway like c2901-v/K9 with 1 VIC2-2FXO, 1 VIC2-4FXO, with its connection flowing to an 8-port 10/100 2960 switch, and then the data flowing to Fiber through a SFP transceiver module.

Correct me if ther are any loose ends on this, let me know if this solution is right.

what are the other things i need to take care of, will the data at the other end be correctly differentiated as voice seperately and data seperately, where do i connect E1 on the above mentioned gateway for the sake of data connectivity, (remember, they are using E1 only for data, not for voice).

any expedited inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mujeeb.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Wed, 02/26/2014 - 05:57
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Sounds right, make sure you advertise your routes for all network properly via routing protocol of choice on both sides.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion