Grouping AP's together in PI 2.0

Answered Question
Feb 26th, 2014
User Badges:

Hey Everyone,

I have recently deployed PI 2.0, and I am wondering if what I would like to do can be done.

I have approximately 1,000 AP's deployed in various retail locations and was hoping I could group them all together into one group so that I can see the status of all retail AP's on a dashboard of some kind.

Similar to what the coverage area dashlet shows when maps are loaded, but just the status of the AP's deployed in our retail environment. The things I would like to see on a splash page (dashlet) would be: up/down, client count, amount of AP's, and alarms.

I've searched high and low to see if something like this is available, and I am getting nowhere. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 3 years 5 months ago

If you want to just see AP's for specific locations, you create a new virtual domain and assign whatever WLC or AP's that users in that virtual domain can see.  See below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Sandeep Choudhary Wed, 02/26/2014 - 12:21
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Hi Wood,

I dont think that there is option for this. I never seen like this in Prime infra.

as per my knowledge you can not do that.

Regards

Correct Answer
Scott Fella Wed, 02/26/2014 - 14:58
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

If you want to just see AP's for specific locations, you create a new virtual domain and assign whatever WLC or AP's that users in that virtual domain can see.  See below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network