Views
Helpful
Replies

Grouping AP's together in PI 2.0

Nathaniel Wood
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I have recently deployed PI 2.0, and I am wondering if what I would like to do can be done.

I have approximately 1,000 AP's deployed in various retail locations and was hoping I could group them all together into one group so that I can see the status of all retail AP's on a dashboard of some kind.

Similar to what the coverage area dashlet shows when maps are loaded, but just the status of the AP's deployed in our retail environment. The things I would like to see on a splash page (dashlet) would be: up/down, client count, amount of AP's, and alarms.

I've searched high and low to see if something like this is available, and I am getting nowhere. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to just see AP's for specific locations, you create a new virtual domain and assign whatever WLC or AP's that users in that virtual domain can see.  See below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Wood,

I dont think that there is option for this. I never seen like this in Prime infra.

as per my knowledge you can not do that.

Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to just see AP's for specific locations, you create a new virtual domain and assign whatever WLC or AP's that users in that virtual domain can see.  See below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: