Route Pattern for local calls.

Answered Question
Feb 27th, 2014
User Badges:

Currently we have 8.@ (Predot) for placing outbound calls, using "8" to get an outside line.

The problem is that our PSTN? (Charter PRI) is expecting 10 digits for a call.

Our area code is 920

Several prefixes that we have are:

If someone starts dialing a number with one of those prefixes how can I have call manager prefix 920 in front of it so it gets sent to the PSTN right away instead of waiting 13 seconds for the call to connect?

Also, this is my first BE6K/CUCM9x/CUC9x setup on my own and I had to get assistance from Cisco. They setup the gateway to use 3 significant digits to match to an extension for incomming calls. None of our internal 3 digit extensions match the last 3 digits of our main telco number. The last 3 digits of our phone number is 141 and I wanted those incomming calls to ring to our receptionist at extension 100. The cisco engineer ended up changing the reception extension from 100 to 141 in order to match the 3 significant digits for incoming calls. This seems like a really dumb thing to do. How can I configure this properly?

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Thu, 02/27/2014 - 18:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Build explicit route patterns.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

tpotenberg Thu, 02/27/2014 - 19:34
User Badges:

If I knew how to do that, I most likely, would not be posting this question here.

Actions

This Discussion