cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data MDT Creation in ME3600X

bjberginz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm transporting multicast through a l3vpn with ME3600Xs, and the multicast VRFs are working, but so far only the default MDTs are working, that is, the multicast is getting broadcast to every node containing the VRF.  I'd like to get data MDTs created to make the multicast distributin more efficient, so I configured this under the vrf config:

mdt data 239.232.1.0 0.0.0.255

I tried configuring a (low) threashold as well, but no data MDTs are being created for my test multicast streams.  From what I've read that config line is all I should need for it to work, so I'm wondering what I'm missing, and how best to troubleshoot.

3 Replies 3

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Which IOS version and SDM template are you running? Are you sure that the multicast is flowing over the default tunnel?

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

The software:

ME360x Software (ME360x-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 15.3(2)S2

SDM is application:

The current License is AdvancedMetroIPAccess
The current template is "applications" template.

I'm pretty sure the mcast is flowing over the default MDT, I can see no data MDT being created, and I know that the stream is "working", that is, it is getting from point A to point B.

bjberginz
Level 1
Level 1

This has been resolved, there was no rendezvous point configured, it appears that an RP is needed to trigger the mechanism for data MDT creation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: