Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-1141-E-k9 access points

Hi,

Facing an issue with 1141. Not sure if it is from AP or from the Laptops!

Problem is when some users are trying to connect their laptops to wireless it shows Limited connectivity and didnt take an IP address. But with some users its obsolutly working fine.

I'm facing this issue only at one of the site. We have other sites working fine without any interruptions.

Checked the security:

Using WPA/TKIP  

Cisco IOS Software, C1140 Software (C1140-K9W7-M), Version 12.4(25d)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 09-Dec-10 15:24 by prod_rel_team

System returned to ROM by reload

System image file is "flash:/c1140-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA/c1140-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA"

BR

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple things to try is delete to profile and create it again and maybe look at the driver version.

Was this always working and then it just stopped or was this new? You have enough available DHCP address?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,

It happens once a week. We have suffecient DHCP IP address in pool.

It happens every week to fix this temporrarly we have to restart the DHCP (router 881) and access switches then it preemt the state.

Let me brief ma scenerio:

Router 881 ( DHCP server ) vlan 14 ---- Access switch 2960 ---- AIR-1141 access point --- clients (Laptops)

#switchport is configure as vlan 14.

#Access point mgmt IP configured in vln14 range . And it is accociated in access point vlan1 (Native).

BR

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

its only with few laptops or ???

try with static IP on laptop.

Regards

Hi Sandeep,

It is only with few laptops.

Yes. its working fine with static IP.!

BR

May be you can reset AP or just power off and on it again.

Regards

Tried couple of times, still the same.

Let me brief ma scenerio:

Router 881 ( DHCP server ) vlan 14 ---- Access switch 2960 ---- AIR-1141 access point --- clients (Laptops)

#switchport is configure as vlan 14.

#Access point mgmt IP configured in vln14 range . And it is accociated in access point vlan1 (Native).

BR

If clients can't get IP Address from DHCP then on the 881 router, post the output to the command "sh ip dhcp bind".  Also post your DHCP config.  I'm suspecting that your DHCP pool has a high lease time and you have DHCP starvation.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would also see if just disabling the DHCP pool and enabling it fixes it whiteout rebooting the router or switches. Try to isolate the issue, but I bet it's the router.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card