Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip telephony problem

Hello all,

i have the following problem - i register a Ip communicator phone to the CME and try to call an ip phone or another ip communicator,but there is no sound and can't hear the other side... I have put compatibility to the program with windows vista,but no result...

Can you give me some advices - is the problem in the laptop, how can i fix it ?

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

bfriedopfer
Level 4
Level 4

What OS is the PC running? It may be a firewall issue. In Win7, you have to go into FW settings and allow all of the IP Com client to bypass the FW.

-Brian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Windows 8.1, i have disabled the firewall.

bfriedopfer
Level 4
Level 4

I haven't had to install one onto 8.1 yet, but I'm not sure that disabling the firewall will actually do the same thing. Even though it's disabled, can you go into the settings and make sure that everything is allowed for the IP COM?

hello Brian, i have enabled the ip com but again the same problem...

bfriedopfer
Level 4
Level 4

This sounds like a silly question, but did you run the audio wizard? Are all the settings correct? Are you able to validate that the sounds and mic do in fact work through the wizard?

Yes my friend i have run the audio wizard and i hear the audio and mic... i don't know what to do...

Thanks

Hey Svetoslav,

I'm trying to get my hands on a machine with 8.1 so I can try to help you further...

I have a feeling it has something to do with the compatibility selection you made, but I'll see if I can replicate it.

Hang in there for a little while, if you can.

Hello,

i have problem not only with 8.1 . Now i have installed on a win 7 laptop but again the same problem.

topolog.jpg

I use vpn to the endpoinds. When i dial Ipcom1/XP/ --> Ipcom2/windows7/ there is no problem. But when i try to dial from Ipcom3 --> Ipcom,6921 phone there is no sound and mic.

Regards

Does IP COM, 6921 work to or from any of the other devices?

I forgot to mention it but there is another ASA5505 in front of IP COM,6921 and it works only with Ip com1

Hello Svetoslav,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I had issues spinning up an 8 machine.

Anyway, I got it up and working. I used compatibility mode for win7, allowed all access for firewall, and ran it as an admin.

Also, I think your real issue here is the ASA that is sitting in front of it. I'm not a security expert, but I'd put money on that being your issue.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Edit: I used version 8.6.3, if that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: