cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallPickup by lifting handset - possible?

TimoReyels
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

a user is in a PickUp Group and wants to PickUp calls just by lifting the handset, so he dosn't need to press "More"->"Pickup".

Is this possible?

We are running CCM 8.6.2 and use IP Phones 7962.

Thanks in advance

Timo

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really, you can enable auto call pickup via service parameter, but that only simplified pickup between groups, you will always need to press the pickup softkey.

HTH,

Chris

Good info Chris (+5)

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hello and thanks you Chris!

I've now set the service auto call pickup parameter to true, this works good enough.

Stupid users with their stupid requests

Regards,

Timo

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Timo,

I don't believe you can. You could assign the "Call Pickup" key to one of the phones line buttons. Would make it easier then scrolling through a softkey.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

In my CCIE class I was told you can create a translation pattern with a blank pattern, and then translate it to any number.  Make sure to set Urgent Priority.  You could try this.  Make sure you put it in a special partition with a search space only used by this phone.  Otherwise ever person in the company would dial instantly dial your call pickup group the second they lift up their handset.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That has nothing to do with call pickup feature, that is for PLAR and would force the phone to to route to the TP on every off hook which it typically desired only for certain phones.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I've never done a call pickup group, and I'm travelling so I dont have access to my CallManager.  But correct me if I'm wrong.  isnt a callpickup group just an extension your phone dials when you press GPickup?  If it is, wouldnt you be able to create a translation pattern that dials it?

As I've said, I've never create a call pickup group before.  So I'm not 100% certain how they work.

John,

No you have to hit the "Call PickUp" key. Some PickUp options allow you to dial another Groups PickUp number but you still have to hit the GPickup or OtherPickup key.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: