cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS X8.1 FindMe Display Name

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Previously ran VCS X7.2.2 software and upgrade to X8.1 last week, per TAC to fix an issue.  Just noticed this morning that whenever any of our FindMe users makes a call, the display name shown on the endpoints as the incoming call is there URI prefix.  If my FindMe was Patrick Sparkman and address was patrick.sparkman@domain, the incoming call would look like patrick.sparkman and not Patrick Sparkman as it use to be.  This is only happening with FindMe users, regular endpoints registered to the VCS without FindMe have no issue with there display name from what I can see.  Beyond upgrading to X8.1, no other changes have been made.

Endpoint versions:  TC6.3, Movi 4.7

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah..Its interesting...

Inbound INVITE:

To:

Outbound INVITE towards my EX90

To:

P-Asserted-Identity: "papettit"

Endpoint reads display part in PAI if its listed.  I'm not sure why this isn't listed, or even if it wasn't, the endpoint would read the display part in the FROM, but its changed there as well, so not sure why it didn't keep it. 

Will explore further.

VR

P2

View solution in original post

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Item is being tracked in: CSCun56487

ETA unknown I'm afraid. 

Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah..Its interesting...

Inbound INVITE:

To:

Outbound INVITE towards my EX90

To:

P-Asserted-Identity: "papettit"

Endpoint reads display part in PAI if its listed.  I'm not sure why this isn't listed, or even if it wasn't, the endpoint would read the display part in the FROM, but its changed there as well, so not sure why it didn't keep it. 

Will explore further.

VR

P2

We had remarked that in the EFT that the handlig of "authentication" / P-A-I and reweiting tof the "display name" is

not ideal.

Many Cisco devices will use the P-A-I headers display name field.

Neither the local db nor findme nor the ldap database seem to be properly matched fot that.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ETA unknown I'm afraid. 

Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

Patrick Pettit wrote:

ETA unknown I'm afraid. 

Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

It's a start, thanks!  I found out when my endpoint didn't automatically mute it's video/audio when I connected to our MCU.  I had it setup to match my name, it was looking for "Patrick Sparkman", insetad it then changed to "patrick.sparkman".

FYI, fixed in VCS X8.2, which just released.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: