cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission Denied - CUCM 9.0(1) installation

kevster5
Level 1
Level 1

I am have serious issues trying to get Cisco Unified Call Manager v 9.0 (1) installed into a test lab and am looking for assistance. Ha! I can't seem to get past the initial logon area successfully.

I am using VMPlayer v10 (latest available as of this time), configured with 4gb memory, 180gb scsi hard drive, 1 processor, network bridged adapter, OS set as Red Hat Linux enterprise v5. I have also tried Red had v4 and then v6 as well.

I continue to get prompted several times for a logon after the installation. After I enter my logon information I get in successfully (so I know my credentials are correct). But, I also get "Permission Denied" errors at "/usr/local/platform/bin/c

liscript.sh:" at various lines such as 135, 145, 17, and 18.

I also get an IOException: hardware API:Cannot run program "/usr/local/bin/base_scrip

ts/ihardware_iml": java.io.ioexception: error=13, Permission denied"

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

I've searched high and low for some answers and am usually pretty successful with research, but am truly stuck this time. Any assistance on this is appreciated. I am very new to CUCM and am trying to get it going in a lab.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you try using VMware esxi 5.x and one of the supported OVA files for 9.0 from the following link

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284329957&flowid=45899&softwareid=283088407&release=9.0%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: