cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP-720-3B - 10G support

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone -- I read over the chart for support of the 16-port 10G module for the 6500-E chassis, but I'm having issues completely understanding the matrix and what's required to support it.  We've got dual SUP-720-3B modules with PFC3 daughter cards, which looks like it's supported, but I was hoping someone has done this and can confirm it is accurate, and any caveats or gotchas that people have come across.

Thanks all

SJ

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SJ

Which 16 port 10Gbps module are you referring to ?

I haven't used them but the spec sheets are usually accurate but there may be some caveats depending on what else you have in your chassis and depending on the PFC/DFC versions.

Jon

Hi SJ

The 16-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet module is interoperable with all models of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks or Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720, including VS-S720-10G-3C, VS-S720-10G-3CXL, WS-Sup720, WS-Sup720-3B, and WS-Sup720-3BXL. When mixing DFCs in the same chassis, the chassis will operate in the mode of the lowest common denominator.

see link below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/product_bulletin_cisco_catalyst_6500_series_16port_10gigabit_ethernet_module.html 

Regards,

Yaseen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: