cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sean O'Garza

john.garza
Level 1
Level 1

I have several Cisco 1040 Series and 1260 Series wireless access points and the question I have is, is it possible to make a wireless conneciton to an AT&T or Verizon MiFi  from my Cisco APs ?   Would you somehow make a "bridge" connection or try use the WiFi's client capability somehow ?   Thanks Guys.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really. There is a WGB mode, but I don't thing that will work for you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could probably use the WGB mode of the aIOS AP to connect to your MiFi.

but, why are you looking to go that route?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your better off getting a Ethernet converter from a local electronics store and using that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott, thanks for the info.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by getting an Ethernet Converter, is this something that would connect wirelessly to the MiFi and it has a LAN connection that I can then get into a Cisco Switch ?

Something like this

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/ethernet-bridges/airstation-n300-4-port-dual-band-wireless-ethernet-bridge

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card