cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call failed: TSPEC QOS Policy does not match

cbaser007
Level 1
Level 1

We have several 2504 controllers running 7.3.112 code with 2602 AP's.  We have Motorola MC9190 handheld RF units that periodically generate the "

Call failed: TSPEC QOS Policy does not match" error in the controller log, and although I haven't been able to confirm 100%, those messages seem to correlate with times when the operators say they dropped a connection. What does that message mean?  The Motorola units definitely are not VoIP units.  I haven't set any VoIP related parameters on the WLC.  The WLAN uses WPA2 with Radius authentication.  The QOS on the WLAN is left at the default Silver with WMM allowed.

Any ideas?

Curt

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you setting the QoS on the WLAN?  Here is an older thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2228445

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Negative - not doing anything with QOS, no AAA override, etc.  Anything QOS related is at defaults.  We've been setting things the same way for a long time, just started seeing this with 7.3 code (at least I think).

The other thing is that v7.3 is deferred and you should look at upgrading to v7.4.121.0

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This mean you have enable ACM (Call Admission Control) on your controller (in otherwords TSPEC). So If your WLAN get a wireless frame with higher user priority (UP) configured on WLAN (Silver or value 3 in this case) WLC will reject it as it cannot met the requested resources (ie required UP value within the WLAN). May be this handheld device will send wireless frame with either UP of 5 or UP of 6.

If you are not using voice then you can disable ACM feature under the radio band these devices are connected.

Below post should help you to understand this TSPEC behaviour

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/19/tspec/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks for the explanation Rasika.  However ACM/CAC is not enabled on either radio band.  I must be running into yet another bug.  In the long term I'll have to schedule a time with the production facility to upgrade the code on their controller (and do that for dozens of production plants).  In the short term I may bump up the QOS of the WLAN to platinum and see if that fixes it.

Curt

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card