Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Move 3602I access points from 3850 to 5760

Answered Question
Mar 10th, 2014
User Badges:

Hello,

I have a client using the 5760 wireless controller on 3.3.1 firmware.  The majority of the access points associate with the 5760 controller.  When the wireless was initially setup, due to WAN speed between buildings, it was necessary to have 7 of the access points associate with their local 3850 core switch in mobility controller mode.  Now the wan link speed has been increased and I would like to ahve those 7 access points associate with the main 5760 controller but I am having issues getting this to work.  I attempted to reboot the 3850 with the controller mode disabled hoping the access points would move automatically but they continue trying to join the 3850 even though it is no longer a controller.  I also removed the licensing with the same result.  I also tried logging onto the CLI of the individual access points to try and move them with no success.  What method can I use to accomplish this?

I do not have the 3850 and 5760 in a mobility group.  Would I just need to create a mobility group with both devices as members and move them via the cli?

Correct Answer by Rasika Nayanajith about 3 years 5 months ago

You need to remove "wireless management interface vlan x" command from your 3850 switch. In that way your 3850 will act as a L2/L3 switch without WLC funtionality. As long as APs learn about 5760 (via DHCP option 43, DNS or statically) it will go & register to your 5760.

If this not success let us know

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Sandeep Choudhary Mon, 03/10/2014 - 10:08
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

HI ,

Try to configure the each AP for primary and secondary WLC.

See this blog and configure primary(5760 wlc management IP and name) and seconday wlc on each AP ..then AP will move automaticall to 5760 wlc.

http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/ap-failover/

Regard

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Correct Answer
Rasika Nayanajith Mon, 03/10/2014 - 12:33
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You need to remove "wireless management interface vlan x" command from your 3850 switch. In that way your 3850 will act as a L2/L3 switch without WLC funtionality. As long as APs learn about 5760 (via DHCP option 43, DNS or statically) it will go & register to your 5760.

If this not success let us know

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Actions

This Discussion