Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Log Settings of Jabber Client - Jabber 9.6

Matthias Dohm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

we are facing a problem with the Jabber log settings.

The client is set to a high loglevel and to store max 10 files of 10 MBs each. These files are stored to the AppData directory which is part of the user profile. Since we are working with roaming profiles, this causes very high network load everytime a user logs on or off.

Is there any way we can change the default settings of the client?

Best Regards

Matthias

log4j.rootLogger=debug, rollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.File=${CSFLOGPATH}\\csf-unified.log

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.append=true

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.MaxFileSize=10MB

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.MaxBackupIndex=10

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.rollingFileAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%-23d %-5p [%t] [%.40l] [%logger] [%method] - %m%n

#Log Personmanager at trace level

log4j.logger.csf.person=TRACE

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i do know there was an enahancement filed for this; https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuf81716/?reffering_site=dumpcr;

if we are installing the jabber for windows on a local Pc; you may want to test this command on a test PC; from what i see this will give you a switch to change the logging directory location;

msiexec /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi LOG_DIRECTORY=?C:\Jabber\Log Directory? CLEAR=1

More information can be fetched from the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0100.html

i hope this helps.

Old thread I know but maybe someone will still find it helpful. Pretty sure I finally figured out where this is set.

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\jabber-bootstrap.properties (attached, just remove the .txt extension).

You also have to be sure the redirect location exists and you have access to write to it, obviously.