cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Management Pack for System Center 2012 OpsMgr add monitor wizard error

stuart_douglas
Level 1
Level 1

We're successfully using the 2.6.0.179 version of the UCS Management Pack for System Center 2012 Operations Manager in our 2012 SP1 OpsMgr environment; however, in the new 2012 R2 OpsMgr environment we've stood-up and in which we installed the 2.6.2.0 version of the UCS MP, we're getting an error when trying to run the Add Monitoring Wizard under the Management Pack Templates node of the Authoring pane. We get the same error from the 2.6.1.0 version of the UCS MP as well. The text of the error is as follows:

"The page [Cisco.UCS.MP.UI.Proxy.Template.Page.ProxyDetailsPage] in the assembly [Cisco.UCS.MP.UI.Culture="",PublicKeyToken="6c96076cdf2c87a",Version="2.6.0.0"] could not be loaded. Please make sure that the account you are running under has sufficient privileges to load the given assembly, or the management pack that defines this page is installed or the assembly containing the page is in the path of the executible or that the page derives from known Operations Manager page type."

I'm an admin user in OpsMgr, so this should not be a user privilege issue, and that leaves the MP itself. The fact that a 2.6.0.0 version is mentioned makes me wonder if the base version of the MP must be installed before the 2.6.2 version. I'd test this, but we no longer have that version, and its no longer available for download from Cisco that I can see.

Has any dealt with this issue successfully, or have any insight into the problem?

1 Reply 1

stuart_douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Solved...the requirement is that you must do the MP configuration from the SCOM console on the SCOM Management Server where you installed the Cisco UCS MP; you can't do it from a SCOM console on a remote computer like I was trying to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: