Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 SSH issue

embowers1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was hoping someone might have an idea why one of my 5548UP switch stops responding to SSH attempts after a period of time. This is the second time it occurred. The first time I tried to regenerate the SSH RSA key. While the attempt failed it started working again. There is no response from the switch at all. You don't get the "connection refused" in fact you get nothing it just sits there. Other then that the switch is working perfectly fine. I tried to "clear line" but there are none to clear. My original thought was there were to many open connections from other users or devices. However I don't see that reflected when I console in and look. I am stumped.

3 Replies 3

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Did you look the session-timeout configuration?

If still, unresolved, take a look on this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11745296/nexus-7009-ssh-problems

seemakha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please share the output of the below commands:

1. show version

2. show switch internal flash

3. show system internal dir /var/sysmgr/work

Regards,

Seemab

embowers1
Level 1
Level 1

This is a NX-OS issue and is corrected in a new version of the OS. Basically the network monitoring tool we use is openening a connection to the device and they are not clearing out like they should. After a while all the connections are still open and the feature SSH would need to be turned off and back on again to clear the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: