Views
Helpful
Replies

1000v Removed Interface Reference

efairbanks
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Support,

We recently swapped out 1GB interfaces in our ESX server and replaced them w/10GB cards.  When we did that, the interface IDs presented to the 1000v changed.  References to the removed interfaces still appeared when the "show port-channel sum" command was issued.  I managed to delete all but one of the unused port-channels which referenced the stale interface names.  Unfortunately, one of the interfaces is associated w/a port-channel that is actually in use (see below) and I can't delete it.  Is there a way to get rid of this stale interface reference?  Granted it isn't doing anything, but it looks sloppy.  Since the port-channel IDs are generated automatically, I can't just shuffle stuff around (at least I don't know a way of doing so).

Running version 4.2(1)SV1(4a).

Thanks in advance.

-Erik

1000v# sho port-channel sum
Flags:  D - Down        P - Up in port-channel (members)
        I - Individual  H - Hot-standby (LACP only)
        s - Suspended   r - Module-removed
        S - Switched    R - Routed
        U - Up (port-channel)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group Port-       Type     Protocol  Member Ports
      Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7     Po7(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth6/3(P)    Eth6/5(P)    
8     Po8(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth7/3(P)    Eth7/5(P)    
9     Po9(SU)     Eth      LACP      Eth3/3(P)    Eth3/5(P)    Eth3/7(r)  <-------------------

1 Reply 1

Joe LeBlanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Erik,

It is CSCua93737: Port-channel has Ghost entries even after removing ports from N1K setup

You can view the defect using this link 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua93737

Workaround:

1. Create a new port-profile and associate new uplink interface to it.

2. Associate active ports to the new port-profile so that there is a new port-channel created with active uplink ports.

3. Delete the old port-channel so that all the ghost interfaces would be removed along with it. If you wish to use the same port-profile for all uplink ports, then you can move the uplink ports to the old port-profile one by one so that a new port-channel will be created using the same old port-profile.

The defect is resolved in SV2(1.1).

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: