Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Creating Custom Installers for Jaber

I am having complete failure when trying to get any version of Jabber in 9.2, 9.6, or 9.7 to pass custom install values whether with a MST'd MSI or via a command line argumemt in a batchfile. It's beyond maddening, as I'm folowing the guides to the letter. As a task, this isn't difficult. And from the installer log, you can see it's passing the parameters. I did notice that it didn't build a bootstrap file though. 

I've used both Orca and Insted with the same results. A Google search showed I wassn't the only one. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQFjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupportforums.cisco.com%2Fdiscussion%2F11499901%2Ftrouble-creating-custom-ciscojabbersetupmsi&ei=iIg1U6_kEMPlsASAo4DADA&usg=AFQjCNFwE...

roperty(S): USERNAME = admin
Property(S): FORGOT_PASSWORD_URL = <URL to organizations change password site>
Property(S): SSO_ORG_DOMAIN = <SSO Org Domain>
Property(S): TYPE = CUP
Property(S): ADDRESS = flmvpggresence1
Property(S): TFTP_FILE_NAME = <TFTP file name>
Property(S): LANGUAGE = <The language code e.g. 1033>
Property(S): DOMAIN = whyme.local
Property(S): CLEAR = 1
Property(S): PRODUCT_MODE = <Default or Phone_Mode>
Property(S): TFTP = <TFTP server address>
Property(S): CTI = <CTI server address>
Property(S): CCMCIP = <CCMCIP server address>
Property(S): LOGIN_RESOURCE = <Client instance logins>

Anyone have any insight? I used the admin transform file from Cisco to make my changes. 

2 Replies 2

Martin Bauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nathan

I had same problem you have. Its more simple thank it looks. Just don't use the transform.

Edit the file with Orca and inset new Rows manually in the Property table. For example:

Then just save (don't use save as).

It worked for me.

It turns out if you delete the rows from the transform that you ultimately are not using, the transform then works properly.